General Plan Information
Current providers of the VEBA’s Medicare Advantage plans (Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, Blue Care Network of Michigan, and Health Alliance Plan) will be retained, however please note that monthly premiums were increased by the insurance providers for the 2016 plan year. Members will be responsible for increases in the monthly Medicare Advantage rates as of January 1, 2016.
The VEBA’s Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) program also continues at the current levels. The HRAs will be administered by BeneSys in 2016. Dental and optical insurance coverage will also be made available through the VEBA, at full cost.
If you are currently enrolled in HAP Senior Plus HMO, BCN Advantage HMO-POS or BCBSM Medicare Plus Blue Group PPO, your medical benefits are not changing. If you do not wish to change your medical plan or dependent coverage, you do not need to take any action during the open enrollment period. Your medical benefits in place today will continue for the 2016 Plan Year.
If you are currently enrolled in Dencap Dental, Golden Dental or Blue Cross Blue Shield Dental, your dental benefits are not changing. If you do not wish to change your dental plan or dependent coverage, you do not need to take any action during the open enrollment period. Your dental benefits in place today will continue for the 106 Plan Year. If you are currently enrolled in Delta Dental Plan A or Plan B, you will be automatically enrolled in the Delta Dental Low Plan if you do not make any plan changes.
Please note, the Delta Dental benefits have changed for the 2016 Plan Year. Please be sure to review the dental summary comparison [link to document downloads]. If you wish to choose another dental provider, you will need to make that election.
If you are currently enrolled in Vision Service Plan (VSP), Heritage Vision Standard Plan, or Heritage Vision National Plan, your vision benefits are not changing. If you do not wish to change your vision plan or dependent coverage you do not need to take any action during the open enrollment period. Your vision benefits in place today will continue for the 2016 Plan Year.
How to Enroll
If you wish to enroll or make changes to your plan elections or covered dependents, please register at the online enrollment website.
When registering for the first time, please follow these instructions:
- Navigate to www.ourbenefitoffice.com/mydetroitretireebenefits
- Locate the Login box in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- Click on “Create an Account” to get started
- Once the Registration Screen appears, you will be required to enter your Member Identification Number. The number should appear on the 2016 Open Enrollment announcement letter you received via mail.
- Once entered, complete the fields for name, date of birth, and the last four digits of your SSN.
- Create a username and password for yourself. Your email address will be used to send you notification in the event you forget your user name or password.
- Once all information has been entered, click “Submit” at the bottom of the screen.