If you are Medicare eligible and retired prior to January 1, 2015, your medical plan options are:
- HAP Senior Plus HMO (available in Michigan only)
- BCN Advantage HMO-POS (available in Michigan only)
- BCBSM Medicare Plus Blue Group PPO (available anywhere in the U.S.)
You must have Medicare Part A and Part B and continue to pay your Medicare Part B premium to join a Medicare Advantage plan.
Additionally, you may elect to opt out of the above Medicare Advantage plans during the open enrollment period and receive a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA). Your HRA will be credited $115 for each month you are not enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan offered through the VEBA during 2016. You may use this account for reimbursement of out-of-pocket qualified medical expenses. Note that if you opt out of the Medicare Advantage plan and your spouse is currently covered under your Medicare Advantage plan, you and your spouse will no longer have Medical coverage.
In addition to the Medicare Advantage plans listed above, you are also eligible to enroll in optional dental and vision benefits. The dental options available, at full cost, to you and your family are:
- Delta Dental High Plan PPO
- Delta Dental Low Plan PPO
- Dencap Dental DHMO
- Golden Dental DHMO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Dental PPO
The vision options available, at full cost, to you and your family are:
- Vision Service Plan (VSP)
- Heritage Vision Standard Plan
- Heritage Vision National Plan
Please refer to page 5 of this letter for monthly premium rate information.
Posted in: Health Care