The Board of Trustees for the General Retirement System of the City of Detroit (GRSD) was created in 1938; and is vested with responsibility for the general administration, management, and operation of GRSD; and with the trust and investment powers conferred in the GRSD Plan Document. The Board consists of ten Trustees:
- The Mayor (ex officio) or the Mayor’s designee
- One City Council member (ex officio)
- The City Treasurer (ex officio)
- Five active employee Members of the Retirement System
- One non-member individual
- One retiree
Members are notified by mail of Trustee election information and procedures. The Board holds regular meetings, at least once per month. All meetings of the Board and records of proceedings are public and subject to the Michigan Open Meetings Act. Additional information about the GRSD Board of Trustees and related governance are available in the GRSD Plan Document.